Monday, April 20, 2009

Weekend wrap-up

Friday: As I posted before was the surprise that was taken back! It was roses spread out on our bed in the shape of a heart. To some it may be cliche but for me it was so beautiful and loving because he didn’t have to! We went to dinner at Applebees where I didn’t order soda (1 for me 0 for my waistline). Then we went to blockbuster to return our movies from last week (Marley and Me, Something Christina, Barcelona and two of his movies) Don’t let your children watch Marley and Me, M. and I couldn’t keep ourselves together for most of the day we watched it. Back to my Friday. We picked up a movie for him (W., I didn’t want to see it but hey it’s his pick) and then Changeling for me!
Saturday: M. had to work from 8-12 (”No later then 12 babe, I promise!”) I put on my movie and stopped and started it as I saw fit to clean our apartment. Then 12:15 rolls around, still no M., I sign on to Facebook and talk about the joy of being a mechanics wife to M.’s bosses wife! Then Mel graced me with his presence around 12:45 he showered and we went to do laundary, pay some bills, and do a little shopping.
Sunday: I woke up in a rare mood, I miss my family terribly and when I get into a funk I apologize to anyone in a 10-mile radius that has the unfortunate fate of coming into contact with me. M. and I started our diet, officially, we had bagels for breakfast and no carbs the rest of the day. He worked on his car at the shop and I watched another movie that he wouldn’t otherwise watch with me. I met up with him at the shop:
“10 minutes and I’ll be done for the day and we can go to the store.”
1-hour later we were in our grocery store picking up last minute things for the week. M.’s brother came down from the city so we hung out with him for a few minutes and grabbed a late lunch (salads with grilled chicken). We were then so full that we didn’t eat dinner later, M. cleaned his car and mine (love him!) and I sat on the porch with a great book, Jodi Picoult Harvesting the Heart, with hot tea and let our kitten Chevy run around on the enclosed porch!! We came in and didn’t put the laundary away or clean our turtles tank and went to bed early! We are rebels but we had a great weekend, I hope everyone elses went well too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment